Design It For Us:
Collection of Information:
Voluntarily Submitted Information: We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you request information, fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive messages or updates, sign a petition, make a donation, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number, and other information you choose to provide.
Logged Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site. In some cases, we collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Cookies: Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Site and your experience. We use essential first-party cookies in some cases to limit some website features like lightboxes to deploy only on your first visit to the Site. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Third-Party Services: Design It For Us works with some third-party services—WordPress and MailChimp—to complete specific data processing tasks in order to maintain our Site. We have carefully selected these third-party services because of their shared respect for the personal information of visitors to our Site. We use MailChimp to collect information from visitors interested in joining our email and outreach programs.
Use of Information:
We may use this information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Site;
- Provide the information you request and to process and complete any donations and related transactions;
- Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- Send you updates and newsletters and otherwise provide you with information that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you news and information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, and services;
- Solicit volunteers, donations and support for our organization and for issues and organizations that we support;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better information and;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Design It For Us is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Design It For Us, its coalition members, supporters, or others; and,
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such a petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your first name, last initial, city, state, and any comments provided in connection there publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Design It For Us takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by the Site in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Communications: You may opt out of receiving updates from Design It For Us by specifically opting out at the time you provide your contact information. You may also opt out of receiving text messages and emails from Design It For Us by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.
Date of Publication: March 29, 2023